Software Engineer (Fullstack)
We are looking for a Fullstack developer that will be a part of a team of other Fullstack and Scala engineers, where you will be building the solution to power voice search and navigation for retailers and publishers, unlocking new sources of audience insight and allowing us to better service our brand clients and publisher partners.
Search on its own is a highly complex data-set. Captify’s technologies have been built to extract maximum value from search for brands, partners and businesses all over the world and also to innovate & improve the consumer experience.
Captify’s world-class engineers, semantic specialists and product teams are building the future of Search and as part of our Engineering Team you will play a key part in developing our offering.
We work in small cross-functional pods of developers who focus on a particular product areas and we encourage people to rotate across teams More detail around each of the team's responsibilities can be found here.
Our engineering guide - will give you a good feel for how we work together. Our company values are important to us and influence how we work together.
With exciting projects, technologies and services in the pipeline now is a great time to be part of our journey.
What you will be doing:
- You will help architect and build solutions to business-critical problems
- You will participate in interesting projects such as building an innovative new search service for publishers
- You will experiment with new tools and technologies to produce cutting-edge solutions to business problems
- You will be a part of a self-organising, results-oriented agile team
What you need to be successful:
We’re looking for a mid to senior candidate who opinions but wants to do the right thing; we want you to own the product, and to care about the direction it goes in.
- Experience as a Fullstack developer using Node.js, Express, and React.
- Experience developing high load web services, REST API, and Auth mechanisms
- Have strong knowledge of DOM
- Have experience with Unix, Git, and Docker
- Are passionate about writing good code
You earn bonus points for the following:
- Experience working with audio streaming
- Experience with Nginx, Kubernetes
- Experience working with ML engineers and NLP projects
- Knowledge of Python web frameworks such as Flask
What is in it for you:
- Mental health first aiders on site
- Flexible working hours every day
- 25 days holiday - plus bank holidays, your birthday and a volunteer day
- Cycle to work scheme
- Yoga and other health related activities
- 100's of retail discounts
- Beer, bubbles and non-alcoholic alternatives every Thursday and Friday at the Captify Bar
- Based in Covent Garden, London's Media Hub!
- Work in our HQ for a rapidly expanding, global business
- You are not just a number at Captify, your work makes a difference
Equal Opportunities StatementCaptify is an equal opportunities employer. We are determined to create a diverse group at all levels of our Company, and we welcome all members of the community to apply for openings with us.